After struggling to find a solution to the problem of importing BigCartel products into WordPress, I settled on „make one yourself“. So, that’s what I set out to do. With this plugin, you can finally link your WordPress website and BigCartel stores by importing your products as posts in a Product custom post type. The importer pulls in the product ID, product price, product description, product URL, product image for each product. It will also pull in product categories and assign each product to the proper category.
Pluginize was launched in 2016 by WebDevStudios to promote, support, and house all of their WordPress products. Pluginize is not only creating new products for WordPress all the time, but also provides ongoing support and development for WordPress community favorites like CPTUI, CMB2, and more
- Upload the ‚big-cartel-importer‘ directory to the ‚/wp-content/plugins/‘ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress.
- Visit the plugin settings page (‚/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=big-cartel-importer/big-cartel-importer.php‘) to begin your import.
- Enter your store name/base URL in the text field and press „Run Import“. Your products and categories will be imported and your results will display.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Big Cartel Product Importer“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
- Code cleanup and modernization for WordPress compatibility and different server setups.
Fix an issue with checking for maintenance mode when pulling posts in.