Embed your Boombox content on your WordPress site. Allows the use of a special short code
[boombox] for embedding Boombox content.
Boombox is the world’s simplest tool for creating quizzes, polls, and other forms of interactive content. It makes it easy for everyone from Fortune 500 companies to bloggers to create engaging content and share it with the world. Now with our WordPress plugin, anyone using WordPress can create and embed quizzes and polls. That means you can use Boombox to showcase the interactive content you create without ever asking visitors to leave your site
You could embed Boombox content on WordPress before, but the process was more complicated and didn’t work for everyone. We’ve simplified things and created the Boombox Shortcode Plugin. With it, you create interactive content (like quizzes and polls) on Boombox and grab the WordPress shortcode. Then, with the plugin installed on your site, you can paste that shortcode into any post or page. That’s it! Your interactive content will appear on your site, and it will appear inline with your content, just like when you embed a video from YouTube or Vimeo.
Don’t have a Boombox account? No problem. Head over to Boombox.com, sign up for an account, and start making stunning interactive content.
- Enables use of the Boombox Shortcode instead of the full Boombox embed code.
- Ability to embed Boombox widgets as any user type (as opposed to only Editors and Admins).
[boombox widget="poll" id="123" width="100%" height="auto"]
Search for “Boombox Shortcode” from the admin area of WordPress in Plugins > Add New. (For more help, visit our Boombox learning center.)
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu.
To manually install:
Copy the folder boombox-shortcode into the folder /wp-content/plugins/.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu from the admin area of WordPress.
- What is Boombox?
Boombox is a web app that that makes it easy for anyone to create stunning, engaging, interactive content like polls and quizzes. Publishers and marketers use Boombox to drive social traffic, generate qualified leads, and present targeted offers. Learn more about Boombox.
- Why is this plugin useful?
- I have a quiz/poll using the old embed code. Will it still work on WordPress?
Of course! Your content will be the same as before. In fact, if you want to continue using the old method for future quizzes and polls without the plugin, that works too.
- Is it difficult to install and get setup?
Not at all – it’s two steps. Take a look at the ‘Installation’ section to see just how easy it is.
- What do all the parameters in the code mean?
Boombox does all the hard stuff for you – no need to worry about what the code means. But if you’re genuinely curious, here it is:
- widget: the type of Boombox widget that you are embedding. (Valid values are „quiz“ or „poll“)
- id: the id of your quiz/poll. (Valid values are your widget id „K8nVuVy0ltLiSsJ85C6vzAVpIPh“)
- width: the pixel or percentage width of your quiz/poll container. („500px“ or „100%“ – Default: „100%“)
- height: The pixel or percentage width of your quiz/poll container. Setting this to auto will resize the quiz/poll on each question to match the content. („500px“, „100%“, „auto“ – Default: „auto“)
- I need more help with the Boombox quiz building tool!
Check out our thorough and easy-to-read learning center on how to use Boombox.
- But what if it doesn’t look good or I can’t get it to work?
Boombox to the rescue. We offer exceptional support. Need help embedding a quiz or poll? Our Support team can chat over the phone or do a screenshare to walk you through the process. We’d love to help you get your content up and running. We can also answer any question you might have about Boombox as well. Visit Boombox.com and select on the ‘Need Help?’ button at the bottom of the page or email Boombox at email@example.com.
Für dieses Plugin gibt es keine Rezensionen.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Boombox Shortcode Plugin“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
1.0 – Initial release.