Disable and remove Privacy Tools, (added in version 4.9.6 — completely GDPR OFF) and reset options to default, when it is activated, or if it is in mu-plugins directory.
Approved in the repository of the plugin directory on 2018-06-28
If you need to partially disable only Privacy Pointers, Privacy Notification Nag, without removing Privacy Tools, you can use „Dismiss Privacy Nag„.
- Deaktivieren Privacy Tool /wp-admin/privacy.php
- Deaktivieren Erase Personal Data /wp-admin/tools.php?page=erase_personal_data
- Deaktivieren Export Personal Data /wp-admin/tools.php?page=export_personal_data
- Remove scheduled action used to delete old export files.
- Remove scheduled event used to delete old export files.
- Remove scheduled hook used to delete old export files.
- Delete unnecessary database options.
- Reset all options to default.
- Don’t show the privacy feature pointer to new users.
- The suggested code to auto dismiss it seem to not working well — remove_action( ‚admin_print_footer_scripts‘, array( ‚WP_Internal_Pointers‘, ‚pointer_wp496_privacy‘ ) );
- The remove_action for pointer_wp496_privacy needed to be called from the admin_enqueue_scripts action with a priority of 11.
- NEW – Dismiss pointer for the new privacy tools. FIXED!
- NEW – Disable comments cookies opt-in and remove related option.
Because I made this?
Simply because is different to the other similar plugins.
Translators: leave all technical references in English!
Dismiss all the new feature pointers.
All pointers can be disabled using the following:
remove_action( ‚admin_enqueue_scripts‘, array( ‚WP_Internal_Pointers‘, ‚enqueue_scripts‘ ) ); # This work but „unfortunately“ as alternative solution that remove all pointers!
@param string $hook_suffix The current admin page.
Dismiss a pointer for the new privacy tools.
Privacy pointer can be disabled using the following:
remove_action( ‚admin_print_footer_scripts‘, array( ‚WP_Internal_Pointers‘, ‚pointer_wp496_privacy‘ ) ); # This for now not work: due a bug? Investigating… wp496_privacy ???
@param string $hook_suffix The current admin page.
Thanks to Ross McKay (webaware) and Stephen Edgar (netweb) to support me in New Zealander (English) translations, in some typo errors, and some minor (English) error stuff.
Thanks to Fernando Tellado (fernandot) and Nilo Velez to support me in Spanish translations.
Thanks to all!
A neat trick, is to put this single file dismiss-privacy-tools.php (not its parent directory) in the /wp-content/mu-plugins/ directory (create it if not exists) so you won’t even have to enable it, and will be loaded by default, also, since first step installation of WordPress setup!
Also, for translation functionality, put all files of the single languages (dismiss-privacy-tools-en_US.mo for example) that you need (not its parent directory) in the /wp-content/mu-plugins/ directory (create it if not exists) and will also be loaded by default, since first step installation of WordPress setup!
Note that mu-plugins functionality is available since WP 2.8+ or greater and is not present in WP 2.7+ or previous.
The code of this plugin is not written with a PHP framework, but manually, with a simple PHP editor compatible UTF-8 without BOM, and Unix LF. To avoid code corruption, do not edit it with WordPress embedded editor, or with any specifications incompatible editor. This author is exonerated from any responsibility or damage (directly or indirectly) caused and due to the use of this bad practice.
super light secure and fast plugin easy on server resources
Dismiss Privacy Tools is developed by Luciano Croce, 13-years „officially“ WordPress Plugins & Themes Developer Senior, Co-Author of plugin Classic Editor, polyglot (based on English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Ligurian), GTE en_GB & en_CA, PTE for Plugins & Themes in more languages, PTE for Italian WordPress.org & Plugins & Themes Directory, Local Manager of Ligurian Language Community for WP LIJ, Validator English (UK) for WordPress.com, translator for my & other projects, book author of TRUE DOS (the dark side of its history from the dark side of its users) Code Tweaker & Bug Hunter, Security Mechanic & WPMU Lover, Freelancer & Volunteer.
This plugin does not collect or store any user related data or personally identifying information, does not set any cookies, and it does not connect to any third-party websites. It only uses functionality that is available in WordPress. In those terms, it does not affect your website users‘ privacy in any way.
This plugin does not collect or store any user related data or personally identifying information, but does not do anything to make your site less GDPR compliant. I have done my best to ensure that is 100% GDPR compliant, but I’m not a lawyer, so can’t guarantee anything. To determine if your site is GDPR compliant, please consult a lawyer.
Für dieses Plugin gibt es keine Rezensionen.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Dismiss Privacy Tools“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
„Dismiss Privacy Tools“ wurde in 13 Sprachen übersetzt. Danke an die Übersetzerinnen und Übersetzer für ihre Mitwirkung.
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
Freigegeben im Plugin-Verzeichnis am 28.06.2018
Detailed changes are available on GitHub.
Release Date: January 14, 2019
- Solved issue that can’t correctly remove (wp496_privacy) from privacy pointer.
- Aligned the version number of Dismiss Privacy Tools with that of Dismiss Privacy Nag.
Release Date: October 16, 2018
- Disable comments cookies opt-in and remove related option
Veröffentlichungsdatum: 29. Juni 2018
- Public initial commit
Veröffentlichungsdatum: 28. Juni 2018
- GitHub initial commit