You need this plugin if you want blog comments to look crisp and clear on Retina, HD, and similar devices!
HiDPI Gravatars is designed to be fully compatible with page caching plugins such as WP Super Cache.
Pages that were cached prior to activating HiDPI Gravatars will need to be refreshed. Empty the cache to make sure the new Gravatars will appear.
HiDPI Gravatars is not compatible with any Gravatar caching plugins.
Other Gravatar Plugins
HiDPI Gravatars might not detect customized Gravatar functions in other plugins. As of version 1.4, HiDPI Gravatars relies on the WordPress get_avatar filter. Custom avatar generators that avoid or disable this filter will be ignored by HiDPI Gravatars.
- Upload the
hidpi-gravatarsdirectory to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
This is a zero-configuration plugin. There are no settings.
Deactivation removes everything except the files you uploaded. There is no „uninstall“ necessary.
Personal avatar note: For best results when uploading a new avatar, use an image at least 128 x 128 pixels in size. The old „standard“ size of 80 pixels will be inadequate on Retina displays.
Für dieses Plugin gibt es keine Rezensionen.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„HiDPI Gravatars“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- Fixed Internet Explorer bug, released 8 August 2015.
- Adjusted JS for situations where devicePixelRatio is undefined in IE10.
- WordPress 4.3-RC2 tested.
- Updated for WordPress 4.2, released 12 March 2015.
- New logic adds compatibility with WordPress 4.2 alpha and future releases.
- Old logic kept to also support old browsers that need this plugin even in WordPress 4.2.
- Now always using srcset on admin pages when a supported browser is detected.
- Removed the custom trigger, which was not compatible with the new srcset features.
- Dropped support for WordPress less than 3.1.
- Fixed a minor bug, released 19 February 2015.
- Some Gravatars were not being detected correctly.
- Fixed upgrade issues, released 19 February 2015.
- Reverted old JS file so it wont interfere with old cached pages.
- Removed extra ‚1x‘ code to better match the W3C draft.
- Enhanced for newer browsers, released 19 February 2015.
- Added detection of srcset support in new browsers.
- Falls back gracefully to JS code in older HiDPI browsers.
- Upgrade Note: Cached pages might be LoDPI after switching from 1.3 to 1.4. This is fixed in 1.4.1.
- Compatibility improvement, released 23 November 2012.
- Better detection of which pages have Gravatars.
- Added a definable trigger for theme and plugin authors to use as needed.
- Added troubleshooting documentation.
- WordPress 3.5-RC1 tested.
- WordPress 3.6-RC1 tested 16 July 2013.
- WordPress 3.7.1 tested 31 October 2013.
- WordPress 3.8-RC1 tested 7 December 2013.
- WordPress 3.9-RC1 tested 9 April 2014.
- WordPress 4.0-beta4 tested 21 August 2014.
- WordPress 4.1-RC1 tested 13 December 2014.
- Bug fixes, released 16 November 2012.
- Added support for the Gravatars in admin ajax actions, such as comment replies.
- Added support for the Mystery Man setting.
- Compatibility fix, released 10 November 2012.
- Adjusted to include devices that have a 1.5:1 pixel ratio.
- Tested on Kindle Fire HD emulator.
- Stable version, released 31 October 2012.
- Added support for the Gravatars on the admin bar.
- Beta version, released 31 October 2012.