The Image Size Manager plugin allows site administrators to configure the automatic scaling of large raster images in WordPress.
Since version 5.3, WordPress automatically scales down images whose size exceed 2560 pixels in either width or height. The resized images are renamed with the „-scaled“ suffix in the media library. However, automatic rescaling can conflict with the intent of the website’s author(s). Your favorite CMS does not provide administrators with a way to disable this „feature“,nor does it allow users to modify the size at which the scaling kicks in. See this thread for details and an extensive discussion.
Image Size Manager provides both options with a simple, straightforward interface.
* Access the configuration option from the sidebar menu named after the plugin.
* By default, simply activating the plugin disables the automatic scaling of „big“ images.
* Note that since WordPress 5.3.1, the automatic scaling feature of WordPress ignores PNG files. Hence, this plugin has no effect on PNG and only affects other raster image formats such as JPEG, TIFF and similar.
* Image Size Manager has been tested extensively, has no side effect, and should work with any existing theme or plugin.
This plugin will be updated to account for changes in future versions of WordPress, if necessary. Other features, such as configuring additional image sizes generated by WordPress, will be available later.
If you encounter any problems with the plugin, or need extra related functionality, feel free to contact the authors through the comments or the official plugin page.
Upload the zip file to WordPress using the Plugins menu, or upload the entire plugin folder to your server using an FTP client.
- What happens if I disable the plugin?
If you disable or uninstall the plugin, the default WordPress behavior will be re-instated and new images over the threshold will be scaled down automatically.
Für dieses Plugin gibt es keine Rezensionen.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Image Size Manager“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- Initial release.