Mal Membership allows for a members only section and ability to hold contests.
A description of the table structure ( out of date do not rely on this )
ID = auto increment number status = pending,active,completed,cancelled start_date = the date/time the contest starts format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS end_date = the date/time the contest ends format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
ID = auto increment number status = pending,active,disabled
ID = auto increment number status = pending,active,disabled contest_id = ID of the mal_contest this is associated to
( This table has all the details regarding the contest ) ID = auto increment number contest_id = ID of the mal_contest this is associated to value = description
( This table has all the details regarding the member ) ID = auto increment number user_id = ID of the mal_contest this is associated to value = description of member
( This table has all the details regarding the prize ) ID = auto increment number prize_id = ID of the mal_contest this is associated to value = description of prize
Please let me know if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
A brief Markdown Example
- Unzip the plugin file.
- Upload the „mal-membership“ folder to the „/wp-content/plugins/“ directory. The „mal-membership“ file must be located at this address: „http://your-wordpress-directory-address/wp-content/plugins/mal-membership/“.
- Activate the plugin through the „Plugins“ menu in WordPress.
- Configure the plugin through the Mal Membership Settings page in WordPress.
- How and why should I use this
This is the best one out in wordpress…A Real FAQ is coming soon
- What is this plugin?
This was developed to provide a members only section to malpearson.com and provide the ability to hold contests
Für dieses Plugin gibt es keine Rezensionen.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Mal Membership“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- Found another place where the data is in a loop and could display data incorrect data
- Tring to fix the same problem that previous winners will show up in the next winners information.
- Fixed a problem that was not clearing the values when displaying winners. It would sometimes keep the previous data.
- Fixed a bug that was not updating the version of the plugin
- Removed the Development version text on the MM Home page
- Member/User can now edit their own information on the public facing side
- Ability to control the success message after a member edits their profile now provided in MM Settings page
- Fixed a log out issue when using the shortcode
- Changed the login and log out and password change for public users
- Ability to view entries for today as well as during a set of days
- Public sign up now has Country and changed the text for zip and State
- show email address for winners
- Fixed the colors for the table layouts
- Fixed the description of the prize that was not displaying on the home page
- Added a scrolling div around the list of contests to help with the large volume of results
- Added coloring of results to help with visual separation of results to several tables
- On the home page, there is a list of contests that need winners selected
* On the Home page, when you click completed contests, that list that appears,
fixed an issue that was not showing the completed contests properly.
- fixed a bug that was not setting the prize to completed if the contest is completed
- Added ability to view / retrieve prize information on several pages
- Added completed as a valid prize status
- Ability to change winners if needed
- Provided some additional links to view contests, view winners on some different pages
- Changed the title on the public side back to h2 with a class of mal-membership to control the css
- Fixed the search for members
- New menu to view a Contest ( rather than edit )
- Remove description from view all contest page it sometimes breaks if you have something weird in there.
- Removed a bad error message when their is a problem with the submission.
- Fixed the log out feature, it now takes the member back to the home page after logging them out
- Added 20 characters to the contest title
- Found a bug that was not showing contests if you went back to the login page
- Added a redirect to take care of this bug
- Added some css adjustments to the public side to help avoid some display issues
- Changed the
h3> on the listing of contests
- Added a custom message to the log out page
- Removing some error messages that are not working the way I expected
- Added some text boxes to allow for custom messages to the sign in and sing up forms
- Added some text to the top of the sign up form
- Added a link on the home page to take you to the contests page
- Removed the word Title: from the public side when viewing contests/prizes
- Removed the word Description: from the public side when viewing contest/prizes
- Fixing an issue that was not displaying messages when no current contest or prizes are running
- Also trying to fix a bug that was not allowing a contest to be entered
- Adding some nice validation that the entry was successful
- fixed a bug that was not selecting the winners after the contest was over
- Fixed a bug in the public entry of contests that was not showing the messages after entering for a prize
- Fixed the ability for members to enter a contest for a prize
- Fixed the countdown of how many votes have been cast and how many are left
- Fixed the member sign up and sign in
- Changed admin menu to not show up in case a member knows how to log into the admin section.
- @TODO add, in the admin section, some details for the member about the prizes they are entered in, and what they have won
- Converted the members to use the user built into WordPress.
- Changed many tables and references, it is remove all data using the settings of this plugin, deactivate and delete, then reinstall from wordpress.org
- Error handling fixed for public user self sign up!
- Changing format to use the default users tables and then use mal_members to hold the extra info
- found a bug that showed contests to not-logged in visitors
- Fixed a bug that was not returning all the winners should the prize have more than one winner
- Also will show the original winners if you try to select new winners for a contest that already has winners
- Fixed a bug with sites using permalinks and also those who do not
- Added some help instructions to the Settings page to assist in using short codes
- moved sign up to be part of the main short code
- Reworked the validation of when your logged in or not and makes sure that the customer goes to the right page
- Setup had some missing columns
- fixed a bug that was not allowing for a contest to be entered within 2 hours of the current time.
- Created ability to set the time zone for the installation and have it set to CST as default
- Added some ajax for the public side to allow for easier entry into contest.
- Changed the layout of the public side so that after a member signs up, they are automatically sent to the contests
- Fixed a bug that was not showing the number of entries per day for the prize in the admin panel
- Members can now enter contests after logging in
- Adding jquery to public side of web site
- Formatted the prizes and output for contests for the public view
- Added option for youtube video OR image upload
- Trying to output the values of each day for the prize
- Fixed a bug that was not showing the proper days between start and end dates in when viewing them to set the
number of entries that are possible
* Fixed spelling error in the admin menu
* Removed the maximum number of entries for the contest. The prize will dictate the maximum number of entries
* Added a filter to advise if the winner of the contest will be at random OR by selection of an administrator
The selection will be a selection of qualified entries. They will be picking them in the admin panel and then
the winner will be randomly selected.
* Now each day of the prize has the ability to set how many votes you can place
- Added a qualified entry field to the contest entry table to be able to designate that this entry is qualified to be a winner
- Added a datetime field to the contest entry table to track when the entry is made
- Added maximum number of entries for contests and prizes in the admin section
- Testing svn auto update
- Updating the readme and version numbers
- Added this plugin to an unfuddle repository
- Added the public sign up and login as well as log out features
- Cleaned up the way you create/edit contests and prizes.
- Basic development of plugin and functions