Markdown for P2 will enable Markdown formatting within your status updates and comments.
If you use P2 for any stretch of time you might find yourself in a situation where you start typing out HTML. Since posting from P2 happens (or should) entirely from the front end of the theme, by default formatting options aren’t available. So if you want to format a list, let’s say, you might be tempted to start typing out
li tags. Or perhaps add formatting buttons that might clutter up the interface.
Markdown for P2 is another option, and will allow you to use the Markdown format when you post to P2. Learn more about Markdown at John Gruber’s site.
- Markdown, of course, is a John Gruber production.
- This plugin is almost entirely the work of Michel Fortin (released under the GPL, his copyright is included in the file), but wasn’t bundled into a neat plugin on WordPress dot org, and not specifically for this purpose. The credit for that code goes to…
- Markdown support added using Adam Backstrom’s code via this Github Gist.
- Markdown logo (in banner image) credit to Dustin Curtis. Lovely, isn’t it?
Technically this plugin will work with any WordPress site — it simply checks the_content and comment_text for Markdown — but this plugin is really only tested with P2. If you’re interested in using Markdown on your non-P2 blog, I’d recommend Markdown on Save which I think will provide a better user experience in that situation.
Upload the Markdown for P2 plugin to your blog or install it automatically via the dashboard. Activate it and enjoy typing in Markdown.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Markdown for P2“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- Pulled together the first functioning plugin. It could be fixed up bit I’m sure, but this works for a first version.
- Released July 5, 2012