This plugin syncs Mobilizon events via creating it’s own read only custom post type inside WordPress. You can choose any Mobilizon-group on any Mobilizon-instance that you like.
- It is designed to integrate well into your theme, though you may override the archive and single pages for the mobilizon_event post type in your of from your theme.
- Archive Page Styles: From WordPress 6.0 on the prefered way is to use the Query-Loop-Block, but it is also possible to use the custom template for the custom post type archive.
- Single Event Page Styles: Fits well in your theme, or you may choose beetwen to custom templates with different positions of featured image
- Recognizes if an event has been updated or deleted on Mobilizon
- Efficient: Only fetches the data it need and caches most things.
Installation and Setup
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
- Go to the settings page (you can also find it in the admin-menu below your Posts and Pages)
- Enter the Mobilizon-instance domain and your group identifier. You can also simply paste your group-URL like https://mobilizon.any/@examplegroup an the plugin will do the rest. Click the Save button.
The source code for development is hosted at codeberg.org.
Everyone is invited to contribute.
Where do I find the mirrored events on my website?
You can add an custom event list on any page you wish. It is prefrerred to usage a custom Query-Loop-Block and filter it on Mobilizon Events. Additional you can find the archive link on the settings page.
Does the plugin conflict with other Event-Plugins or Post-Types?
By default this plugin uses a prefixed post type called mobilizon_event, but the slug events, may conflict and cause problems. This may be addressed in the future.
How often are the events synced?
You can choose an interval between 2 and 60 minutes.
In your admin navigation menu go to „Appearance“->“Menu“. Then make sure that the „Screen Options“ (accessable on the top right) „Mobilizon Events“ are marked as visible. Then under „Add menu items“ you can select „Mobilizon Events“->“View All“->“Mobilizon Event List“. Then you can choose the Navigation Label (the name as it appears for your sites visitors) by yourself.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Mobilizon Mirror“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- Fix old single group setting breaks new installations
- Fix bug in the custom sync interval
- Tested up to WordPress 6.1
- Fix sync interval boundaries and display
- Fix event sync failing via very basic task management not to fetch all new events at once
- Fix sync more than 10 future events (up to 1000 for now)
- Add feature to sync multiple groups
- Add setting to use current theme templates via just modifying the post content
- Add adjustable sync interval
- Fix instance list in admin menu
- Tested up to WordPress 6.0
- Fix that events with no end-time set have not been mirrored.
- Initial Release