This plug-in replaces the built-in „Import from URL“ media upload tab to allow you to download an image from a remote URL into the WordPress media gallery. Thumbnails for the remote image are created locally, and after upload you are able to add custom media attributes (like caption, title) and insert the image into your blog post.
How to Find the Plugin:
- When editing a post, click „Add Media“
- Then select „Save & Import from URL“: If your window is large, this is in the sidebar on the left. If your window is small, you need to select the drop down menu where „Insert Media“ is preselected.
List of Features:
- Directly include a remote image into a blog post without having to save it to your computer locally
- Be a better internet citizen: avoid hotlinking images with ease!
- Rename image after download
- Full integration with media library – including creation of thumbnail images
This plugin has no dependencies other than WordPress 4.2+ (although it may work with earlier versions, this is not tested).
For installation, follow the general plugin installation guidelines.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Save & Import Image from URL“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
0.7: Minor enhancements
- Note compatibility up to WordPress 4.7
- Add note how to find uploader
- If no „Save As“ extension is specified, pick default from remote file
0.5: First public release