Yet another gallery plugin. I was looking for a simple gallery where you can
select a thumbnail, see the complete picture in a acceptable size but also have
the oppertunity to see the details of the image. I searched the web for a way
to do this and found the AnythingZoomer, a jQuery Plugin by Chris Coyier. I
originally used this jquery plugin for this WordPress plugin.
It works well for e-commerce sites like webshops or as a photo gallery.
It is easy to adapt if you would want to, but the default behaviour should be
very much usable by anybody.
There is a settingspage to customize the images used and wheter or not to over-
write the default gallery shortcode.
If you want to use this gallery, simply use the [superzoomgallery] shortcode in
your post or page, or enable the overwriting of the gallery shortcode and use
the default wordpress [gallery] shortcode in your post or page.
Since this is still an early version, I recommend to test it out first before taking
it to a production site.
If you have any questions or problems, I would be happy to hear from you and help
you if I can!
Unzip and activate. There is a settingspage which allows you to select which
image sizes you would like to use and wheter or not to use this gallery as the
(pro) If the default sizes of the images (thumb, medium, full) don’t look very good,
you can add image sizes via your theme. This way you can customize the image sizes.
- Can I change the look of the gallery?
Basically, most of style information is in szg-style.css. If you want to
change the HTML, then look in the superzoomgalley.php for the function
- I have some problems with my theme. It works great with the default theme.
Hmm, possible a CSS problem. Do not hesitate to contact me on the forum!
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Super Zoom Gallery“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- First version. With settingspanel. Not completely satisfied with the css yet.
- Minor change, added a link to the settings page from the plugin admin page
- Bugfix! please upgrade! Error for loading css/js
- Removed some bugs after extensive testing
- Changed the CSS to avoid some theme problems with the zoomed image
- Menu order changed (thanks to teuunn for posting the solution to the forum)
- Multiple galleries on one page now work
- Caption on thumbnails: show title or subtext (thanks to Sara for requesting and her advice on this feature)
- Optional use of CSS3 animations if your theme supports them
- Created a new version because of some svn issues (my fault)
- Minor CSS change
- If the caption does not show correctly in your theme, overwrite the
div.imageinfobi' anddiv.imageinfosmall‘ css classes in your theme!
- Hiding the thumbnails when there is only one image in the gallery
WARNING! test before upgrading!
Complete re-write of the Super Zoom Gallery. Now with innerzoom options. Much better loading performance, better cross browser support.
Width of zoom box when not many thumbnails are present fixed.
First selected thumbnail when multiple galleries on one site bug fixed, handling of empty gallery improved
Bug preventing to see bottom part of image fixed. WordPress 3.5 gallery style supported. Id’s, excludes, order by.
Changed the default order
Fixed a bug that displayed the loader when clicking twice on a thumbnail
Some IE compatibility problems with opacity fixed
Some IE5-8 compatibility problems with opacity fixed
Css bugs fixed
Some slight refactoring