This plugin is the perfect tool to restrict , hide , or block content from unwanted users.
You can use an advanced conditions system to control who can read your blog posts.
This plugin works with WPML automatically.
How does it work?
You go to our settings page and select the post types, and you can select the condition rules to allow or disallow the content of those posts.
You can create AND and OR groups for advanced restrictions.
When the user is allowed to read the content, the post will load as usual.
When the user is not allowed to read the post content, you have the option to show an excerpt + a custom message, just a custom message, or redirect the post to another URL.
Is this bad for SEO?
No. Our restrictions don’t apply for bots like Google, Bing, etc. They see the full post.
We apply the restrictions to regular users only.
You can use this for a lot of purposes.
Restrict post based on URL parameters
Restrict the post content for all the posts containing a keyword in the URL
Restrict posts based on the user IP or IP ranges
Restrict posts based on the Referer URL
Show posts only to your Email Subscribers and hide the content for users who haven’t subscribed
Show posts content only to readers coming from Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
Restrict post based on the User Role
Show or hide content based on the User Email address
Show or hide content for specific users
Publish posts only for your vendors, members, or partners
Publish posts only for your registered customers
The free plugin works with:
- It works with the „posts“ post type (you need the premium version if you want to apply restrictions to custom post types like pages, events, courses, WooCommerce products, portfolios, jobs, etc).
- You can create unlimited conditions for every post type or multiple post types at once
- You can create AND and OR conditions. i.e. „Enable posts when the URL contains X word and NOT contains X word“
- You can use conditions based on „IP / IP range“, „Is the post author“, „Referer URL“, „URL keywords“, „User Email“, „User role“, „Users“ only
Extra conditions available on the premium plugin:
The premium plugin supports all the post types including restaurant menus, woocommerce products, courses, downloads, portfolios, directories, etc.
- Allow or Restrict post content based on the number of views
This is great for newspapers and paywalls. You can allow users to read 3 articles and restrict the other posts automatically and show a message asking them to buy a membership.
- Allow or restrict posts content for users that belong to a BuddyPress group
This is great for buddypress communities so you can publish tutorials, articles, news, or any content and make sure that it is available only for your group members
- Allow or restrict posts content based on date, date ranges, day of the week, and time frames
This is great for news websites that publish news that expire after a certain date, discount / deal / coupon sites that publish promotions for specific time frames, or when you need to hide content for some hours of the day or when you need to add time-sensitive information to your blog posts.
- Easy Digital Downloads: Allow or restrict posts based on the money spent by the user
For example, publish special courses, articles, or news and restrict those posts for users who spent more than $100 on your store.
- Easy Digital Downloads: Allow or restrict posts based on the number of purchases
For example, publish a page with discount coupons and restrict the page to frequent buyers who made more than 3 purchases on your store.
- Easy Digital Downloads: Allow or restrict posts for users who purchased a specific product download
For example, publish a post with tutorials on how to use a specific product or software, and make the tutorials available to buyers of that software
- GiveWP: Allow or restrict posts based on total donations count from the user
For example, publish pages with information for special donors or posts, news, or invitations to special events only for your most important donors.
- GiveWP: Allow or restrict posts based on the money donated by the user
For example, when you are raising money for charity, you can publish confidential information as posts and make it available for people that donated money
- GiveWP: Allow or restrict posts for donors of specific donation forms
For example, when you publish a donation form to raise money for a scholarship or to help someone in need, you can publish news, pictures, and videos about how the money was distributed to that person and make these posts available only to the people that donated for that scholarship or fund raiser.
- LearnDash, TutorLMS, LearnPress: Allow or restrict posts, pages, events, etc. for users who enrolled in a course
This is great for academies or schools that want to publish news, events, videos, articles, or any content for a specific class of students.
- Users: Restrict content based on the number of days since the registration date
This is great for creating a drip campaign for your membership site. You can publish tutorials, courses, videos for your members and only allow them to read one post per day since their registration date
- WooCommerce: Restrict posts, pages, or courses based on the purchased products
This is great for publishing courses or educational posts showing how to use a product that your customers purchased.
- WooCommerce: Restrict posts, pages, or coupons based on the money spent
You can limit the post content based on the number of previous orders or money spent by the current user. Great for hiding special content like coupon codes for VIP customers or content for your big resellers or company buyers.
- WooCommerce: Restrict posts based on the city, state, or zip code of the customer
You can publish events, news and show those posts only for specific cities or areas of the country.
- WooCommerce: Restrict posts based on the number of previous reviews left by the customer
You can incentivize your users to leave reviews on your store by giving them access to special coupons, courses, or articles.
If you sell courses with WooCommerce, this is a great way to increase your good reviews and increase sales.
- WP Ultimo: Restrict posts and pages content based on the site plan of the user
You can publish help or support articles for different site plans and you can restrict them for the specific plan, this will simplify your tech support because your users will find and read only the articles relevant to their site plan.
Also you can use this to make more money by restricting features on your site and ask them to upgrade to a higher plan.
- WP Ultimo: Restrict posts and content based on the number of sites owned by the user
For example, you can publish content for agencies that manage more than 3 sites on your WordPress multisite platform so they have more resources to help you promote your platform.
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type the plugin name and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found our plugin you can install it by simply clicking “Install Now”.
The manual installation method involves downloading our plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favourite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Für dieses Plugin gibt es keine Rezensionen.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Restrict Posts based on Conditions – Conditional Post Restrictions“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
1.2.0 – 2022-03-18
- NEW – Add post days old condition
- FIX – The user_role condition didn’t work when users had multiple roles
- CHANGE – Improve support for WC products
- CHANGE – WP Ultimo v2 compatibility
- CHANGE – Integrate the „shipping country“ with the „advanced country restrictions“ plugin selector
- CHANGE – Update freemius sdk
1.1.2 – 2021-04-15
- CHANGE – Update freemius sdk
- CHANGE – Improve the post viewed count conditions
- FIX – Redirection does not work for pages post type
1.1.1 – 2020-11-14
- CHANGE – Update freemius sdk
1.1.0 – 2020-11-02
- NEW – Integrate with WP Sheet Editor
1.0.0 – 2020-10-06
- Initial release