THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE & EASY TO USE ACTIVITY LOG PLUGIN FOR WORDPRESS
Keep an activity log of everything that happens on your WordPress sites and multisite networks with the WP Activity Log plugin to:
- Ensure user productivity
- Improve user accountability
- Ease troubleshooting
- Know exactly what all your users are doing
- Better manage & organize your WordPress site & users
- Easily spot suspicious behavior before there are security problems.
WP Activity Log is the most comprehensive real time user activity and monitoring log plugin. It helps hundreds of thousands of WordPress administrators and security professionals keep an eye on what is happening on their websites and is the most highly rated WordPress activity log plugin.
WP Activity Log has been featured on the websites of some of the most popular and leading businesses in the WordPress ecosystem, such as WPBeginner, GoDaddy, and Kinsta.
Note: The activity log for WordPress is FREE and you can keep as much logs as you want. Additional features such as reports, email notifications, SMS alerts, search & filters, integrations with logs management system, and many others are available in the Premium Edition.
Maintained & Supported by WP White Security
WP White Security is a European development company that builds high-quality WordPress security & management plugins. Check out our list of WordPress plugins that can help you better manage and improve the security of your WordPress websites and users.
WordPress Changes & Details the Plugin Keeps a Log Of
As a comprehensive & complete WordPress activity log solution WP Activity Log does not just tell you that a post, a user profile, or an object was updated. It tells you exactly what was changed within the post, the user profile, or the object.
Below is a summary of the changes that the plugin can keep a record of:
Post, Page and Custom Post Type changes such as status, content changes, title, URL, custom field & other metadata changes
Tags and Categories changes such as creating, modifying or deleting them, and adding or removing them from posts
Widgets and Menus changes such as creating, modifying or deleting them
User changes such as user created or registered, deleted or added to a site on multisite network
User profile changes such as password, email, display name and role changes
User activity such as login, logout, failed logins and terminating other sessions
WordPress core and settings changes such as installed updates, permalinks, default role, URL and other site-wide changes
WordPress multisite network changes such as adding, deleting or archiving sites, adding or removing users from sites etc (activity logs for multisite networks).
Plugins and Themes changes such as installing, activating, deactivating, uninstalling and updating them
WordPress database changes such as when a plugin adds or removes a table
Changes on WooCommerce Stores & products, Yoast SEO, WPForms, Gravity Forms, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), MainWP and other popular WordPress plugins.
WordPress site file changes such as new files are added, or existing ones are modified or deleted.
For every event that the plugin records it also reports the:
- Date & time (and milliseconds) of when it happened,
- User & role of the user who did the change,
- Source IP address from where the change happened,
- The object on which the change has taken place.
Refer to WordPress activity log event IDs for a complete list of all the changes WP Activity Log can keep a record of and a detailed explanation of what change every event ID represents.
Extend the Functionality of WP Activity Log
- See who is logged to your website in real-time,
- See what everyone is doing in real-time,
- Log off any user with just a click,
- Generate HTML and CSV reports,
- Get notified via email of important changes,
- Get instant SMS message alerts of critical site changes,
- Search the activity log using text-based searches,
- Use the built-in filters to fine tune the search results,
- Store activity log in an external database to improve security and scalability,
- Mirror the activity log to logs management systems such as AWS CloudWatch, Loggly and Papertrail in real-time,
- Easily mirror the logs in real-time to business communication systems such as Slack,
- Send a copy of your websites‘ activity log to a log file on your web server in real-time,
- Archive old activity log data to another database for better storage and log management.
Refer to the features and benefits page for more detailed information on the features of the WP Activity Log plugin.
Free and Premium Support
Support for WP Activity Log is free on the WordPress support forums.
Premium world-class support is available via email to all WP Activity Log Premium users.
Note: paid customer support is given priority and is provided via one-to-one email and over the phone. Upgrade to Premium to benefit from priority support.
Other Noteworthy Features
On top of the comprehensive activity log, WP Activity Log also has a number of non-logging specific features that make it a complete WordPress logging solution, such as:
- Full WordPress multisite support
- Easily create your custom alerts ¬ifications to monitor additional functionality
- Built-in support for reverse proxies and web application firewalls
- Integration with WhatIsMyIpAddress.com allow you to get all information about an IP address with just a mouse click.
- Limit who can view the WordPress activity log by users or roles
- Settings to toggle (enable/disable) individual event IDs from the activity log
- Configurable dashboard widget highlighting the most recent critical activity
- Configurable WordPress activity log retention policies
- User avatar is displayed in the events for better recognizability
- and much more…
Refer to the WordPress activity log plugin datasheet for a complete list of all the plugin’s features.
As Featured On:
- Shout Me Loud
- The Dev Couple
- WP SmackDown
- Collective Ray
- Design Wall
- Tidy Repo
- Monster Post
- The Darknet
WP Activity Log extensions for third party plugins
WP Activity Log can keep also a detailed log of changes that happen on other plugins. Below is the list of the activity log extensions for third party plugins:
- WP Activity Log for WooCommerce: Install this extension to keep a log of changes you and yourr team do in the WooCommerce store settings, orders, products, coupons and much more.
- WP Activity Log for Yoast SEO: Install this extension to keep a log of the Yoast SEO plugin settings changes, and also of the on-page SEO changes you and your team make in the Yoast SEO meta box.
- WP Activity Log for WPForms: Install this extension to keep a log of the changes your team does in the WPForms plugin settings, forms, form files, entries (leads) and more.
- WP Activity Log for Gravity Forms: Install this extension to keep a log of the changes your team does in the Gravity Forms plugin settings, forms, forms settings, entries (leads) and more.
- WP Activity Log for bbPress: Intall this extension to keep a log of changes in bbPress forums, topics, bbPress settings and more.
- Activity Log for MainWP: Install this MainWP extension to keep a log of the MainWP network changes and can see the activity logs of all child sites from one central location – the MainWP dashboard.
Related Links and Documentation
- What is the WordPress activity log?
- List of WordPress activity log event IDs
- Why WP Activity Log
- WordPress Multisite Features
- The WP Activity Log plugin website
- The definitive WordPress security guide
WP Activity Log in your language!
We need help translating the plugin and the activity log events. Please visit the WordPress Translate Project to translate the plugin. Drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org to get mentioned in the list of translators below.
- Italian translation by Leonardo Musumeci
- German translation by Mourad Louha
- Brazilian Portuguese translation by Hudson Santos
- Spanish translation by the WP Body team
- French translations by Denis Moscato
Install WP Activity Log from within WordPress
- Visit ‚Plugins > Add New‘
- Search for ‚WP Activity Log‘
- Install and activate the WP Activity Log plugin
- Allow or skip diagnostic tracking
Install WP Activity Log manually
- Upload the
wp-security-audit-logdirectory to the
- Activate the WP Activity Log plugin from the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
- Allow or skip diagnostic tracking
Support and Documentation
Please refer to our support pages for all the technical information and product documentation.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„WP Activity Log“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Release notes: Out now: Activity Log for MainWP 2.0 & WP Activity Log 4.4.1
Improvements & changes
- All of the plugin’s code is now using the WordPress coding standards.
- Removed the reporting and search code from the free edition plugin that was used by the MainWP extension.
- Fixed: PHP fatal error when index.php file is saved in the custom sensors directory.
Refer to the complete plugin changelog for more detailed information about what was new, improved and fixed in previous versions of the WP Activity Log plugin.