WordPress Cache Engine
The Cache Enabler plugin creates static HTML files and stores them on the servers disk. The web server will deliver the static HTML file and avoids the resource intensive backend processes (core, plugins and database). This WordPress cache engine will improve the performance of your website.
- Efficient and fast disk cache engine
- Automated and/or manual clearing of the cache
- Manually purge the cache of specific pages
- Display of the actual cache size in your dashboard
- WordPress multisite support
- Custom Post Type support
- Expiry Directive
- Support of 304 Not Modified if the page has not modified since last cached
- WebP Support (when combined with Optimus)
- Supports responsive images via srcset since WP 4.4
- Works perfectly with Autoptimize
- HTTP/2 Focused
How does the caching work?
This plugin requires minimal setup time and allows you to easily take advantage of the benefits that come from using WordPress caching.
The WordPress Cache Enabler has the ability to create 2 cached files. One is plain HTML and the other version is gzipped (gzip level 9). These static files are then used to deliver content faster to your users without any database lookups or gzipping as the files are already pre-compressed.
When combined with Optimus, the WordPress Cache Enabler allows you to easily deliver WebP images. The plugin will check your upload directory for any JPG or PNG images that have an equivalent WebP file. If there is, the URI of these image will be cached in a WebP static file by Cache Enabler. It is not required for all images to be converted to WebP when the „Create an additional cached version for WebP image support“ option is enabled. This will not break any images that are not in WebP format. The plugin will deliver images that do have a WebP equivalent and will fall back to the JPG or PNG format for images that don’t.
- PHP >=5.3
- WordPress >=4.1
This WordPress cache plugin is partially based on Cachify developed by Sergej Müller.
Simple and efficient, webp is a nice feature. I couldn’t get the proper headers to work hence 4 stars. Will try again in the future but have to use another plugin with better header support.
All fine. Fast and powerfull.
I tested this against Supercache and page speed increased by about 300%.
Currently my favourite lightweight cache plugin. Works great for 99% of simple sites.
what is the setting configuration to leverage browser caching?
If you link with short links and you activate this plugin no links will work. This short links stay the same also when you change the slug/URL.
I wrote the support ans they answer: „We not supporting short links“.
What a poor answer. Better we are looking to support it in the next version.
i hope this review will warn about trouble and give the devs a hint what to improve.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Cache Enabler – WordPress Cache“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt.Mitwirkende
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
- Added advanced cache feature
- Clear cache if reply to a comment in WP admin
- Added the possibility to clear the cache of a specific URL
- Supports now Windows filesystems
- Added X-Cache-Handler to indicate if loaded through PHP
- Support of WebP images generated by ewww
- Dynamic upload directory for WebP images
- Fixed multisite purge issue
- Added requirements checks
- Made plugin ready for translation
- Option to disable pre-compression of cached pages if decoding fails
- Added support for srcset in WP 4.4
- Improved encoding (utf8)
- Added cache behavior option for new posts
- Improved metainformation of the signature
- Optimized cache handling for nginx
- Fixed query string related caching issue
- Credits update
- Changed WebP static file naming
- Fixed WebP version switch issue
- Added support for WebP and CDN Enabler plugin
- Added WebP support and expiry directive
- Erste Veröffentlichung