Disable Comments Plugin it’s a tool for the admin to fully disable comments on your website. Our plugin globally disables commenting on all posts, pages, and attachments. It removes all comment-related features and options. All related items will be removed from Dashboard, Widgets, and Admin menu. Ours disable comments plugin uses a smart algorithm and for basic usage, you need to install and enable it.
It’s simple and powerful.
If you planning to use comments somewhere on your website you don’t have to use this disable comments plugin. Just selectively turn off this functionality in the required section of your WordPress website with disable comments plugin. If you don’t know how to turn off comments on individual posts or pages feel free to ask for support or use the FAQ section.
Key features Disable Comments RB
- All comments links in the admin menu are hidden;
- Hide Dashboard / Recent Comments section;
- Hide Dashboard / Discussion section;
- All comments links in the admin bar are hidden;
- Disabled all comments widgets;
- Discussion page settings turned off;
- Disabled RSS/Atom feeds;
- Turned off Pingback functionality in the header;
- Pingbacks are disabled;
Before enabling disable comments plugin most effective will be to delete existing comments to avoid any conflicts with your current theme. Depending on the theme code existing comments can stay published.
It does not require any special skills or code modifications to disable comments on your website. Just install disable comments plugin on your website, and open settings to enable the main functionality. Just install the plugin from the directory and activate disable comments function in plugin settings.
If you have some ideas of new functionality or options for this disable comments plugin please drop a line to our contact form or support section.
How to install disable comments plugin?
There are a few ways to install plugins on your WordPress blog. First of all, you can download the plugin installer from the plugin directory and install it in the plugins section of the WordPress backend. Another way open the plugins section and click Add button. Then you can try to search disable comments plugin in the directory online. When you find the required item just click on the install button and activate it after that.
How to turn on disable comments functionality on your website?
After installation of the disable comments plugin, you need to open plugin settings and enable the main function to disable comments for your blog.
If I wish to disable comments for some particular post?
You don’t need this plugin.
Go to the edit page for the post you want to disable comments on. Scroll down to the „Discussion“ box, where you will find the comment options for that post. If you don’t see a „Discussion“ box, then click on „Screen Options“ at the top of your screen, and make sure the „Discussion“ checkbox is checked.
If some comments interface elements stay published after plugin activation?
This is could be a reason for some conflict. If you have some custom theme. The theme could overwrite some elements‘ styles and layouts. If you have such a problem please contact our support team to sort it out.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Disable Comments“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- Compatibility with WordPress 6.2
- Compatibility with WordPress 6.1
- Fixed navigation issues
- Compatibility with WordPress 6.0
- Fixed Menu Issue
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.9
- Admin warning fix
- Update the admin interface section, menu and navigation
- Update the admin interface section
- Update interface and test in WordPress 5.8
- Update interface and test in WordPress 5.7
- Update interface and test in WordPress 5.6
- Update interface and test in WordPress 5.5
- Update interface and test in WordPress 5.3
- Update interface and test in WordPress 5.0
- Files Disable Comments plugin update.
- Core Disable Comments plugin update.
- Recommit Disable Comments plugin.
- Changed the structure of the Disable Comments plugin.
- Modification of the admin interface, added a description.
- First release of the Disable Comments plugin.