NodeInfo is an effort to create a standardized way of exposing metadata about a server running one of the distributed social networks. The two key goals are being able to get better insights into the user base of distributed social networking and the ability to build tools that allow users to choose the best fitting software and server for their needs.
Follow the normal instructions for installing WordPress plugins.
Automatic Plugin Installation
To add a WordPress Plugin using the built-in plugin installer:
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Type „
nodeinfo“ into the Search Plugins box.
- Find the WordPress Plugin you wish to install.
- Click Details for more information about the Plugin and instructions you may wish to print or save to help setup the Plugin.
- Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin.
- The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
Manual Plugin Installation
There are a few cases when manually installing a WordPress Plugin is appropriate.
- If you wish to control the placement and the process of installing a WordPress Plugin.
- If your server does not permit automatic installation of a WordPress Plugin.
- If you want to try the latest development version.
Installation of a WordPress Plugin manually requires FTP familiarity and the awareness that you may put your site at risk if you install a WordPress Plugin incompatible with the current version or from an unreliable source.
Backup your site completely before proceeding.
To install a WordPress Plugin manually:
- Download your WordPress Plugin to your desktop.
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the
wp-content/pluginsfolder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins screen and find the newly uploaded Plugin in the list.
- Click Activate to activate it.
Für dieses Plugin gibt es keine Rezensionen.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„NodeInfo(2)“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
Project and support maintained on github at pfefferle/wordpress-nodeinfo.
- add MAUs
- load plugin on init, to keep up with changes on the ActivityPub side
- count only users that can „publish_posts“
- removed support for ServiceInfo, as it never caught on
- fix link to WordPress repository (props @jeherve)
- add generator object to metadata to link to plugin repository
- NodeInfo 2.1 protocols field has to be an array, not an object
- add autodiscovery link for nodeinfo 2.1
- fix some typos/copy&paste issues
- fix missing permission_callback issue
- fixed whitespace problem
- added admin_email to metadata, to be able to „Manage your instance“ on https://fediverse.network/manage/
- fixed JSON schema (thanks @hrefhref)