Print-O-Matic adds the ability to print any post, page or page element by using a simple [print-me] shortcode. A complete listing of shortcode options are available, as well as free community support.
- Old-school: upload the
print-o-maticfolder to the
/wp-content/plug-ins/directory via FTP. Hipster: Ironically add Print-O-Matic via the WordPress Plug-ins menu.
- Activate the Plug-in
- Add a the shortcode to your post like so:
[print-me target="div#id_of_element_to_print" title="Print Form"]
- Test that the this plug-in meets your demanding needs.
- Tweak the CSS to match your flavor.
- Rate the plug-in and verify if it works at wordpress.org.
- Leave a comment regarding bugs, feature request, cocktail recipes at https://wordpress.org/support/topic-tag/print-o-matic/
Where can I fork this plugin and contribute changes?
Yes, yes… Twinpictures is on Facebook.
Does Twinpictures do the Twitter?
Ah yes! @Twinpictures does the twitter tweeting around here.
How does one use the shortcode, exactly?
A complete listing of shortcode options has been provided to answer this exact question.
Where can I translate this plugin into my favorite language?
Use the Community translation for Print-O-Matic at WordPress
Who likes to rock the party?
We like to rock the party.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Print-O-Matic“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
„Print-O-Matic“ wurde in 1 Sprache übersetzt. Danke an die Übersetzerinnen und Übersetzer für ihre Mitwirkung.
Übersetze „Print-O-Matic“ in deine Sprache.
Interessiert an der Entwicklung?
Durchstöbere den Code, sieh dir das SVN Repository an oder abonniere das Entwicklungsprotokoll per RSS.
- removed pause before print
- fixed issue of not printing correctly in safari
- now escapes only the title attribute value, not the entire attribute string
- security update. Now the plugin is escaping all shortcode attributes before output.
- re-added method of passing default and print-trigger specific data to js script using wp_add_inline_script
- added a bit of pause to allow for top and bot html to fully load
- pause before print now is for adjustingg the amount of time to let the print preview render before reverting back to display layout
- pause before print is now pause time to allow the browser to render the print-preview before resetting back to display layout
- reverted back to wp_localize_script to pass print data to js script
- moved pause before print to the post print cleanup
- fully tested with version 6.0
- try and force lazy load images to load before print
- improved method of passing default and print-trigger specific data to js script using wp_add_inline_script
- added line numbers back to CodeMirror, with admin css
- custom html settings in the plugin options also use CodeMirror
- no longer escaping print css before being passed to wp_add_inline_style
- removed line numbers from CodeMirror elements
- fixed issue with only first element being printed
- added back code to printomat.js
- prevent default on print triggers
- rolled back tested tag to 5.8.1 as only RC1 versions are apparently accepted
- more escaping for security
- tightened up the code a bit
- custom css sections of plugin options page now use CodeMirror
- improved method of adding custom css using wp_add_inline_style
- updated link to documentation
- textarea input fields now escaped using esc_textarea() on plugin options page
- targets are validated before print
- field values in the plugin options page are now escaped using esc_attr()
- added ability to define print target by class
- patched xss security issue
- complete re-write using new print-elements method by @szepeshazi
- fully tested with WordPress 5.8.1
- Fully tested with WordPress 5.2.1
- print window opens in new tab
- uses wp_localize to pass variables to script
- added option to include print-me scripts in admin dashboard
- added reviver.lt’s Edge fix
- Fully tested with WordPress 5.1
- Fixed typos
- Fully tested with WordPress 4.9.1
- Added default print title
- IE bug fix: select elements now print selected values
- Fully tested with WordPress 4.8
- Safari on iOS will now rendering print preview correctly when close after print is used
- fixed link to twinpictures author website
- tested with WordPress 4.7.3
- replaced http links with https
- top and bottom print page html now use do_shortcode instead of the_content filter to avoid conflicts with social sharing plugins
- fixed error of extra character in the title tag.
- added missing alt tag
- fully tested with WordPress 4.6
- added missing alt tag
- reworked script to build new window more efficiently
- working (not fully resolved) on Edge. Some issues will are related to a bug in Edge.
- top and bottom html will process shortcakes
- work around to clone IE element values that don’t have ID attributes… ugh
- added option to close the print window after print dialogue box is closed
- work around IE syntax errors when NO form elements are present… double ugh
- added IE hack to fill in missing input text values for IE browsers.
- checks for older IE MSIE, IE 11 Trident & IE 12 Edge properly
- checks for IE (MSIE, Trident & Edge)
- plugin fully tested with WordPress 4.5
- added external printstyle for external triggers
- print window no longer auto-closes
- removed language files in favour of WordPress Language Packs
- plugin fully tested with WordPress 4.4.0
- adjusted method of determining if the print_data object exists and has property
- adjusted the language domain to work with WordPress’ new language translation system
- addressed move lovely IE issues
- mega hack-o-riffic workaround for IE input text elements loosing user input values
- fixed bug with title not passing target correctly when displaying both icon and title
- fixed issue with printstyle default value not saving
- deactivating plugin no longer clears all settings
- corrected typo in printstyle attribute
- added tag and class attributes
- target now passed using data attribute rather than hidden input field
- added pause_before_print attribute and option to manually pause the print dialogue box to let the page fully load.
- typo correction
- replaced redundant inline scripts with smarter print_data js object placed in footer
- added icons for WordPress 4.0
- Added some Internet Explorer workarounds
- Added optional jQuery clone.fix to address issues with cloning textarea elements
- Added %prev% and %next% target placeholders to print elements immediately preceding or following the print button
- Added 3 second delay if iframe is detected in print page
- Added Russian language translation
- load scripts option now defaults to always
- improvements for roll-your-own print-o-matic elements
- added german and hungarian translations
- works also in IE 11
- print command now waits for page to fully load
- added option to load scrips only on pages where shortcode is used
- fixed bug with do_not_print
- added alt attribute
- works again in horrid IE browsers
- added the do_not_print attribute
- added print page top and bottom HTML section (special thanks to Daniel Kevin Johansen @ 555Haxor.dk & Game-Site.dk email@example.com)
- added option to select alternate print icons
- can now show icon, text and icon & text print button
- form values now include radio and checkbox selections
- removed php4 constructors
- added I18n localization support
- fixed printicon attribute bug in shortcode
- added custom css for display page as well as print page
- target may now use %ID% as a placeholder for the post ID
- Fixed so the print dialog box will display in IE (buggy, buggy IE)
- Added Printicon Attribute to insert text-only print link
- Added Options page with default target attribute and css style settings
- Removed space from title of new window to prevent the wonderful IE8 from throwing errors.
- The plug-in was forked and completely rewritten from Print Button Shortcode by MyWebsiteAdvisor.