Responsive Lightbox allows users to view larger versions of images and galleries in a lightbox (overlay) effect optimized for mobile devices.
- Select from 7 responsive lightbox scripts (SwipeBox, prettyPhoto, FancyBox, Nivo Lightbox, Image Lightbox, Tos „R“ Us, Featherlight)
- Automatically add lightbox to WordPress image galleries
- Automatically add lightbox to WordPress image links
- Automatically add lightbox to WordPress video links (YouTube, Vimeo)
- WooCommerce product gallery support
- Option to display single post images as a gallery
- Option to modify native WP gallery links image size
- Option to set gallery images title from image title, caption, alt or description
- Option to force lightbox for custom WP gallery replacements like Jetpack tiled galleries
- Option to trigger lightbox on custom jquery events
- Option to conditionally load scripts and styles only on pages that have images or galleries in post content
- Enter a selector for lightbox
- Highly customizable settings for each of the lightbox scripts
- Multisite support
- Filter hook for embeddding different scripts based on any custom conditions (page, post, category, user id, etc.)
- .pot file for translations included
- Install Responsive Lightbox either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server
- Aktiviere das Plugin mittels dem ‚Plugins‘-Menü in WordPress
- Go to the Responsive Lightbox settings and set your desired options.
No questions yet.
Plugin super, but work only half of my sites. Plugin „Easy FancyBox“ work always.
It is easy to use, beautiful and good. Thank you!
Works like a charm!
Hello i have wordpress and divi theme with woocomerce my products had visual issue with the default lightbox i just tried this one it works great an beautiful design reponsive
Installation and configuration was an easy task, settings are obvious.
However, the final result was not convincing:
1. It was impossible for me to add a gallery showing just one image as preview (always all selected photos appeared on the page). Not sure, maybe this is a thing that could be achieved manually by using a „selector“.
2. At gallery preview, captions were shown for each image on mouse hover. Unfortunately, no way to get rid off them easily (except deleting directly from image record, but that was not an option since captions are needed in other situations). In addition, captions were displayed in black text color on dark background, unreadable.
3. I never managed to apply a lightbox effect to a single image. It just did not work, regardless my configuration settings.
Anyway, I must confess that I tested it on two non-standard themes, so maybe (or maybe not) it works on WordPress default themes – but I hadn’t time to analyze the problems further.
Summary: It’s a fairly decent plugin and lightbox effects are nice once they work (I liked especially the featherlight script). Anyway, too many (little) things that I found not satisfying.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„Responsive Lightbox by dFactory“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt.Mitwirkende
- Fix: WooCommerce single product image lightbox
- Tweak: Added plugin documentation link
- Tweak: Nivo lightbox update to 1.3.1
- New: Featherlight lightbox script
- New: Lightgallery Lightbox premium extension
- New: Slider Gallery premium extension
- New: PhotoSwipe Lightbox premium extension
- Fix: data-rel attribute missing in multiline links
- Tweak: Removed local translation files in favor of WP repository translations
- Tweak: SwipeBox script updated to 1.4.4
- Tweak: Tos „R“ Us script caption issue when empty link title
- Tweak: Undefined notice on extentions activation.
- New: WooCommerce product gallery support
- New: Masonry Image Gallery and Strip Lightbox extensions
- Tweak: Tos“R“Us script updated to 2.4.2
- Tweak: Settings handler improvements.
- Tweak: Confirmed WordPress 4.4 compatibility
- Fix: Lightbox activated on non-video youtube links
- Tweak: Added a way to change settings required capability
- Tweak: prettyPhoto improvements for mobile devices
- Fix: Tos“R“Us script initialized multiple times in Ajax
- Fix: Regex issue with replacing rel attribute
- Tweak: Swipebox updated to 1.4.1
- New: Disable lightbox for single images with data-rel=“norl“ attribute
- Tweak: Keep rel attribute intact if used in post content links
- Tweak: Vimeo regex improvements
- Fix: prettyPhoto and Nivo gallery navigation broken
- Tweak: Added another way to close the extensions notification
- New: Introducing Justified Gallery and Lightcase Lightbox premium extensions.
- New: Option to set single images title from image title, caption, alt or description
- Tweak: Confirmed WP 4.3 compatibility
- Tweak: Switched to protocol independent URLs in Nivo and Tosrus
- New: Romanian translation, thanks to Victor Chiritoiu
- Fix: Tos „R“ Us pagination thumbnails and pause on hover settings not working
- Tweak: Scripts and styles versioning, for better cache handling
- Tweak: French translation updated
- New: Option to conditionally load scripts and styles only on pages that have images or galleries in post content.
- Tweak: Multiple backward rel attribute compatibility tweaks
- Fix: Nivo lightbox and Image lightbox js attr errors when no data-rel given
- Fix: Swipebox option to remove top and bottom bars
- Tweak: Swipebox option to remove top and bottom bars on mobile devices
- Fix: Swipe support for Tos „R“ Us lightbox script
- Fix: Nivo lightbox buttons and styles missing
- New: Tos „R“ Us lightbox script
- Fix: Final fix for video links regex (hopefully)
- Tweak: Switched from rel to data-rel attribute to avoid W3C validation errors
- Tweak: Optimized gallery image size function
- Tweak: Support for multiple custom galleries per page (via gallery-n) in rel
- Fix: Boolean / subfields bug not saving settings properly
- Fix: Vimeo videos automatic lightbox not working when query parameters were not set
- New: Revamped User Interface
- New: Option to force lightbox for custom WP gallery replacements like Jetpack tiled galleries
- New: Option to set gallery images title from image title, caption, alt or description
- Tweak: Improved regex for Youtube video links
- Fix: Reverted back the regex change in lightbox selector to gallery links
- Fix: jQuery prettyPhoto DOM Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability
- Tweak: Added regex filetype check before applying lightbox selector to gallery links.
- Tweak: Switched from wp_generate_password() to custom function, without needless DB call.
- Tweak: Swipebox script updated to 18.104.22.168
- Tweak: prettyPhoto CSS tweaks
- Tweak: fancyBox IE patch
- Tweak: Image Lightbox updated
- New: Hungarian translation, thanks to Zsolt Boda
- Tweak: Nivo Lightbox updated to 1.2
- Tweak: Confirmed WP 4.0 compatibility
- New: Option to modify native WP gallery links image size
- New: Option to donate this plugin 🙂
- New: Slovak translation, thanks to Patrik Zec
- New: Russian translation, thanks to Konstantin
- Fix: Prevent unintentional scroll to the top when pressing the „enter“ key in the opened swipebox, thanks to Arno Welzel
- New: Estonian translation, thanks to Hugo Amtmann
- Tweak: Swipebox script update, thanks to Arno Welzel
- Fix: Final fix for IE scroll bug
- Fix: Swipebox script files inconsistency
- New: Added Image Lightbox script
- New: Option to load scripts in header or footer
- Tweak: Changed Swipebox script to custom built, thanks to Arno Welzel
- New: Added rl_lightbox_args filter hook for embeddding different scripts based on any custom conditions (page, post, category, user id, etc.)
- New: Dutch translation, thanks to Sebas Blom
- Fix: Gallery images displayed as single images
- New: Triggering lightbox on custom jquery events option
- Tweak: UI improvements for WP 3.8
- New: German translation, thanks to Andreas Reitberger
- Tweak: Nivo Lightbox script updated
- New: Spanish translation, thanks to Gaston
- Tweak: Japanese translation updated
- New: Added Nivo Lightbox script
- New: Option to reset plugin settings to defaults
- New: Serbo-Croatian translation, thanks to Borisa Djuraskovic
- New: Option to force PNG icons in case of display problems
- Fix: Bug with video width not working in SwipeBox
- New: Support for images loaded via AJAX
- Tweak: Updated Japanese translation
- New: Added FancyBox script
- Tweak: UI enhancements for options
- Tweak: Better YouTube video handling (including https protocol)
- New: Japanese translation, thanks to stranger-jp
- Tweak: UI enhancements for prettyPhoto opacity
- New: Multisite support
- Fix: Notice during first plugin activation
- Fix: Changed regex for links to attachment pages, thanks to Darwin
- New: Added Czech translation, thanks to Vaclav Hnilicka
- Tweak: Small UI enhancements
- Tweak: Changed SwipeBox Top and Bottom bars options description
- New: Option to display single post images as a gallery
- New: Added French translation by Li-An
- Tweak: Rewritten regex for selector
- New: Support for video links (YouTube and Vimeo)
- New: Added Polish translation
- New: Added Persian translation by Ali Mirzaei
- Tweak: SwipeBox script updated
- Tweak: Changed method of applying lightbox rel attribute to single images