One-click implementation of the New York Times open-source emphasis script which allows users to highlight and link to specific text within an article or post.
In their own words:
Emphasis provides dynamic paragraph-specific anchor links and
the ability to highlight text in a document, all of which is
made available in the URL hash so it can be emailed, bookmarked, or shared.
The plugin allows for permalinking and highlighting of text on a paragraph and sentence level. No need to set anything up. Just install, tap shift twice, and start highlighting.
See The New York Times for syntax more information on general usage.
Questions, comments, suggestions? Please leave them on the WP Emphasis Plugin page.
Enjoy using WP Emphasis? Feel free to make a small donation to support the software’s continued development.
Install. That’s it. No settings. No fuss.
- How do I use it?
Once installed, simply navigate to any page and double tap shift to get activate the plugin. For a more detailed explanation, see The New York Times writeup.
Mitwirkende & Entwickler
„WP Emphasis“ ist Open-Source-Software. Folgende Menschen haben an diesem Plugin mitgewirkt:Mitwirkende
- Removed unnecessary database call on page load
- Removed prototype support
- Default paragraph selector now works with most installs
- Updated Emphasis code to latest version
- Made jQuery the default build
- Updated source from community fork with bug fixes, better Internet Explorer compatibility
- Updated jQuery to port with performance improvements
- Ported to jQuery and added toggle under the readings settings page (default is native prototype build)
- Added support for SCRIPT_DEBUG (includes non-minified source)
- Moved action from init hook to wp_enqueue_script hook
- Initial release